Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan for October 24-30

It seems that I am posting when I have gone to the grocery store and spent too much money. I guess $80 is the spark, because I spent that again yesterday and now I feel as though I need a plan so we get the most use of the food that we bought. Two $40 visits don't seem to bother me, but that one $80 sets me to planning.

So here is what I intend to fix:

Cubed pork chops, speckled butter beans, steamed cabbage, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, rolls

Grilled hamburgers, pork burgers and hot dogs, salad, corn on cob

Chicken and rice, leftover butter beans, pickles and crackers

Meat loaf, baked sweet potatoes and onions, pumpkin muffins

Catalina cranberry chicken (p 15 in Holiday 09 Food and Family), stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans

eat at Halloween party

Sandwiches for lunch
Roast, potatoes, and carrots in crockpot (before trick-or-treating)
For more meal ideas, check out Organized Junkie this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I came across your blog and can relate to the issues you are having with overspending on groceries. I live with my family in a rural area of Southern Ontario and the only grocery store in town is overpriced. I have been spending a lot of time thinking about ways to reduce my food bill. It is difficult because food is a necessity. We tend to purchase the foods that we crave opposed to need.

    I have been avoiding purchasing popular food brands because they are expensive. I really like “No Name” products because they are cheap and good quality. My family and I can trust the food that they make. I want to stop buying so many meat products and focus on dishes that can be made from vegetables. I cannot afford steaks and there are other ways to get my daily protein intake.

    Thanks for posting such valuable information and be sure to check out my blog!