Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - Not Here!

I know it's a new year and everyone has started (and probably failed already) some of those new year's resolutions. I decided this year to not make any resolutions - instead I am going to simply DO.

I have been reading a book entitled "Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family." I have it on loan from our local library. It is by Steve and Annette Economides. I haven't read enough yet to decide if I will purchase the book, but it does have some outstanding ideas. I will continue to read it and let you know if I intend to purchase it.

Right now, I am following one simple rule or strategy: visit the grocery store once a week. We went this morning and I don't intend to stop in there again this week. I am the world's worst about going multiple times a week: forgot something, didn't take anything out for dinner, didn't we have enough milk yesterday, what do you mean we don't have any chili seasoning for the chili. These are just a few of the thoughts (and sometimes words) that seem to travel around me during the week. So I have planned a menu and made sure that everything that we needed is going to be available without trips to the store.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I think this is going to be a hard one!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment