Sunday, March 29, 2009

Menu Plan Weekly for 3-29 - 4-04


Sunday - Grilled hamburgers and hotdogs (we do this a lot on Sunday evening and then eat the leftovers for lunch during the week - we usually grill some venison sausage links and eat those as well), baked potatoes

Monday - Hamburger Goulash (ground hamburger, stewed tomatoes and elbow macaroni), salad

Tuesday - Fried cubed pork chops, broccoli casserole, 3 bean salad, bread

Wednesday - Grilled chicken, potato salad (will we ever finish all these potatoes), corn on cob, fried okra

Thursday - Pancakes, leftover sausage, fruit

Friday - Fried fish (bream from the river), coleslaw, cheese grits, hushpuppies (I've been eyeing these fish in the freezer for several months and now that it has warmed up we'll pull them out and have a feast).

Saturday - Garlic lime chicken (browse toward the bottom of the link for the recipe), scalloped potatoes, sauteed spinach with garlic, bread

You can check out other menus at Menu Plan Monday over on I'm an Organizing Junkie.

7 comments:

  1. great idea for goulash that we do with our kids is to add a can of corn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pancakes for dinner. We're having that on Friday. :)
    Nice variety to your menu.

    Btw, I see you're an Algebra teacher. I LOVED Algebra. Still do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound wonderful! I'm curious about the Garlic Lime Chicken you listed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Kristen's question, I looked for a recipe that I could link to and added it in the blog for the Garlic Lime Chicken. It is from Leanne Ely of www.savingdinner.com. It is really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recentl started bulk cooking and menu planning a month at a time. I'm going put some of your recipes in there as well. Thanks for posting your menus.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete