Saturday, February 28, 2009

Strategy: Organizing Your Recipes

I have found a really neat blog on organizing (http://orgjunkie.com) and this month's challenge is to organize your recipes. How many of you have tons of cookbooks and recipes but can never find them? When was the last time you used some of those cookbooks?

I want to challenge each of you to work on organizing your recipes. This will probably help you with that meal planning because you'll be reminded of things that you haven't eaten in a while.

I also want to challenge you to declutter just one of those cookbooks. Pass it on to someone who may actually use it. You know which one I'm talking about. The one that someone gave you that you've never used. The one with recipes that involve too many ingredients or maybe too many specialty items that you don't keep on hand. That one that has recipes that you know your family will never eat. That one that is cute but not useful. Get rid of it.

Now you can start to organize those recipes that you really like and use. Let me know what you come up with. I really want to scrapbook some of my favorites from my grandmother. I love to scrapbook and this will help to conserve some of these old recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment